20. CrossFit Nutrition - An Evidenced-Based Guide from Dietitians!
In this podcast and accompanying article (link here!), the Registered Dietitians at Vitality Nutrition explore evidenced-based advice to get started on your nutrition journey will participating in a CrossFit...View Episode
19. A Dietitian's Guide for Nutrition During Pregnancy + What To Look For in a Prenatal Supplement!
Our team of Registered Dietitians in Saskatchewan have curated this guide to nutrition during pregnancy for anyone who is pregnant, is looking to become pregnant, or is supporting someone through a pregnancy! Having a...View Episode
18. Strategies to Overcome Emotional Eating with Registered Dietitians
Emotional eating may include eating because we're sad, bored, stressed, lonely, looking for distraction, or using food as a reward. As Registered Dietitians we believe it is important to note that eating is a...View Episode
17. Getting Personal + Advice We'd Give Our Younger Self + Do You Understand Your Nervous System?
In the latest episode of the Nutrition Unpeeled Podcast we followed a 3-2-1 prompt as a structure to share three supportive habits we've recently adopted, two unsupportive habits we've ditched, and one piece of advice...View Episode
16. Summer Nutrition Tips + How To Navigate Alcohol + Embrace Being in Photos!
Summer is here! The weather is warm, kids are out of school, and routines are changing. Maybe for you this means life is lighter, brighter, and all around less stressful. Some might find it easier to adopt supportive...View Episode
15. How To Build An Environment That Supports Your Goals + Get "In Control" Of Your Cravings
Imagine if your environments — your home, your office, your social media — was crafted in a way that made supportive behaviours easier and the unsupportive behaviours harder. How often would you make aligned choices...View Episode
14. What To Eat Before, During, & After A Workout │ Your Guide To Peri-Workout Nutrition
Choosing what to eat pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout requires an understanding of peri-workout nutrition! Peri-workout nutrition is the science of appropriately timing macronutrients (ie., carbs, protein,...View Episode
13. Are You At Risk For Iron Deficiency? The Importance of Iron in Your Diet + How To Optimize Absorption!
Iron is an essential mineral for human health, and a key component to a well-rounded dietary profile. Populations who need to pay special attention to iron intake include pregnant women, parents introducing solids to...View Episode
12. A Dietitian's Nutrition and Lifestyle Tips for Reducing Inflammation
In the short term, inflammation can help our bodies heal, however, long-term (ie. chronic) inflammation can lead to pain, illness, and poor health. In this podcast, the Registered Dietitians at Vitality Nutrition...View Episode
11. Should You Track Your Food? The Pros and Cons + Tips To Track Successfully
Tracking your dietary intake on paper or in an app is a tool many use to bring awareness to their food choices, collect data on their nutrition intake, and make adjustments to reach their specific goals. While there...View Episode
10. Budget-Friendly Nutrition Tips + Save Money On Groceries!
Contrary to popular belief, 'healthy' and 'affordable' foods aren't always at odds with each other! Eating on a budget does not mean you have to sacrifice nutrition. The Registered Dietitians at Vitality Nutrition are...View Episode
9. A Dietitian's Guide To Supplements
As Registered Dietitians we are often asked which supplements we take ourselves and which products we recommend to our clients. In this episode, we uncover the top evidenced based supplements we find ourselves...View Episode