19. A Dietitian's Guide for Nutrition During Pregnancy + What To Look For in a Prenatal Supplement!
Our team of Registered Dietitians in Saskatchewan have curated this guide to nutrition during pregnancy for anyone who is pregnant, is looking to become pregnant, or is supporting someone through a pregnancy!
Having a baby can be a wonderful experience but also can be a time of uncertainty. Many parents have questions and concerns regarding food and supplement intake. With advice coming from many sources, it is tough to know who to listen to. That is why having accurate nutrition information from Registered Dietitians is so important! This podcast is prepared with information as you get started in understanding the unique nutrition needs before and during pregnancy.
In this guide, we’ll uncover three key nutrition discussions:
- Key nutrients to consider during pregnancy and how to source them through food (ie. energy, protein, folate, iron, omega-3s, choline, and more)
- Which foods, beverages, and supplements to avoid to ensure a safe pregnancy (ie. caffeine, alcohol, foods at a high risk of foodborne illness, herbal teas, and supplements at a high risk of cross contamination)
- How to use nutrition to overcome symptoms such as morning sickness (nausea and vomiting), heartburn (acid-reflux), constipation, fatigue, and more.
You can find the full written article here.
Follow us on Instagram
- Courtney: @dietitiancourtney_
- Darian: @dietitiandarian_
- Hannah: @dietitianhannah_
- Vitality Nutrition: @vitalitynutrition_
Learn more about how we can help you reach your goals through one-on-one nutrition coaching here.
Thanks for listening!
The Vitality Nutrition Team