22. Why You're Always Tired + Nutrition & Lifestyle Tips to Boost Energy!
A strategic combination of foods alongside lifestyle habits like exercise, sleep, and sunlight can boost your energy. In the podcast and accompanying blog post, the Registered Dietitians at Vitality Nutrition share the most effective nutrition and lifestyle habits to combat fatigue.
- include protein at most meals and snacks
- include fats at most meals and snacks
- portion carbohydrates when building a meal
- have a snack when there is >5 hours between meals
- eat enough at the meal to feel satisfied
- eat meals and snack(s) at consistent times of day
- prioritize micronutrient dense foods
- drink at least 2L of water each day
- eat vegetables and fruits at most meals
- prioritize at least 7 hours of sleep
- expose your eyes to natural light during the day
- adopt a regular exercise schedule
- move your body throughout the day (eg. walk 5-10 minutes between meals)
- take time for meaningful social connection
- design your environment in an energizing way
- track your menstrual cycle to predict cyclical energy dips
Follow us on Instagram
Thanks for listening!
The Vitality Nutrition Team