Microwaved Sweet PotatoDec 01, 2020
Microwaving sweet potatoes is by far the fasted way to prepare them. All you need is 5-10 minutes. We love preparing microwaved sweet potato for a quick, fibre-filled carb option!
MICROWAVED SWEET POTATO
- 1 small sweet potato
- Pierce the sweet potato 4-5 times with a fork or knife.*
- Place the potato on microwave-safe plate and microwave for 8 minutes. Stop at the halfway point to turn it!**
* This step is very important. If you don't pierce your sweet potato it will explode in the microwave!
**If you are microwaving more than one potato at a time it may take 12-14 minutes total!
- PROTEIN: a side of roasted chicken breast or salmon. In this photo we have chicken with some pesto.
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: the microwaved sweet potato
- FAT: we love to top the sweet potato with a dab coconut manna, butter, or nut butter. In the photo below we also have some pesto on the chicken and olives and feta in the salad.
- VOLUME: a side green salad with spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumber.
- FREEBIES: salt to season the potato and a squeeze of lemon on the salad and/or fish.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.