Microwaved Sweet Potato
Dec 01, 2020
Microwaving sweet potatoes is by far the fasted way to prepare them. All you need is 5-10 minutes. We love preparing microwaved sweet potato for a quick, fibre-filled carb option!
MICROWAVED SWEET POTATO
- Pierce the sweet potato 4-5 times with a fork or knife.*
- Place the potato on microwave-safe plate and microwave for 8 minutes. Stop at the halfway point to turn it!**
* This step is very important. If you don't pierce your sweet potato it will explode in the microwave!
**If you are microwaving more than one potato at a time it may take 12-14 minutes total!
If you follow the F4 Formula we use in our group programs and 1:1 coaching, the sweet potato provides fibre-filled carb. We like to round out our microwaved sweet potato with the other food groups.
- PROTEIN: a side of roasted chicken breast or salmon. In this photo we have chicken with some pesto.
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: the microwaved sweet potato
- FAT: we love to top the sweet potato with a dab coconut manna, butter, or nut butter. In the photo below we also have some pesto on the chicken and olives and feta in the salad.
- VOLUME: a side green salad with spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumber.
- FREEBIES: salt to season the potato and a squeeze of lemon on the salad and/or fish.
Looking for more recipes using sweet potato? Try our Rockin' Moroccan Stew or Mexican Sweet Potato Salad!
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation!