TACO PIZZA >> a collision of two beautiful worldsNov 06, 2020
Pizza and tacos combined? A match made in heaven!
This Taco Pizza makes use of leftover Salsa Chicken that we recommended cooking up on a Sunday night to use throughout the week!
You can get creative with this pizza by adding any of your favorite Mexican-inspired toppings like black beans and corn! Our version uses cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and salsa chicken. We topped it with plain Greek yogurt (like sour cream!) and salsa for an extra burst of flavour.
Any store-bought or homemade pizza crust will work. We love the President's Choice multigrain pizza crusts which have only 23g of carb per 1/3 of the curst. This carb amount fits perfectly within the parameters we recommend in our F4 group program!
If you are looking for a gluten-free alternative, we love the O'doughs Multigrain Flatbreads! You can find them in the natural food section at Superstore or Sobeys.
- 1 store-bought or homemade pizza crust
- 6 ounces salsa chicken
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomato, halfed
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- pinch of salt, cumin, and garlic powder
- 2 stalks green onion
- Optional: plain Greek yogurt and salsa to serve!
- Layer the pre-made salsa chicken on your crust. This is a sauceless pizza but the extra salsa in the chicken will work to flavour the pizza!
- Add the grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- While the pizza bakes, diced the avocado and gentle toss it in lime juice, salt, garlic powder, and cumin.
- When the cheese has melted and the chicken is heated through, add the halved cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, and chopped green onion.
- Serve with salsa and plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream!) as condiments. We like to enjoy our pizza with a large mixed green salad on the side for extra volume!
- PROTEIN: salsa chicken + plain Greek yogurt as a condiment
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: multigrain pizza crust
- FAT: cheese and avocado
- VOLUME: tomatoes, green onion, and optional side salad
- FREEBIES: salsa, cumin, lime juice
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.