SALSA CHICKEN >> two ingredients!
Nov 03, 2020
Salsa chicken requires only two ingredients, is quick to prepare, and is yours to enjoy in countless dishes.
Salsa chicken is my go-to recipe when I need to meal prep in a pinch. Our favorite ways to enjoy this recipe include:
- Tacos with salsa chicken, corn tortillas, avocado, and extra veggies
- Quesadillas using Flat Out wraps and stuffed with salsa chicken, cheese and sautéed peppers and onions. With extra salsa and plain Greek yogurt on top!
- Burrito bowls with lettuce, black beans and corn, salsa chicken, guacamole, pickled onion, and sautéed peppers and onions.
- Taco pizza with a whole grain pizza crust, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, and sliced avocado!
We hope you enjoy this easy and flavorful pulled chicken recipe!
These Nutrition Facts are for 2 ounces cooked Salsa Chicken which is the equivalent protein and calorie content of about 3 ounces raw! You can adjust the portion as needed for your personal protein needs and appetite.
- 2 (16 ounces or 1/2 pound) chicken breast, raw
- 1 cups (250mL) salsa
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with the salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours). Alternatively, use a pressure cooker.
- Shred the chicken and toss with the remaining salsa and juices until well-mixed. I like using an electric mixer to shred it. It works wonderfully!
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This chicken also freezes wonderfully!
*You can use just about any cut of chicken for this recipe. For easy shredding, I recommend boneless chicken breasts or thighs.
** The ratio of salsa is 1/2 cup per one chicken breast. So you can increase or decrease the total as needed for you and your family!
If you follow the F4 Formula we use in our group programs and 1:1 coaching, this recipe makes for an easy protein option!
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation!