Honey Mustard BBQ SalmonJun 28, 2022
A simple salmon recipe to make on the barbecue this summer!
Making use of kitchen gadgets like the BBQ is a great way to keep the house cool during the hot summer months! Our Honey Mustard BBQ Salmon recipes made in a foil pouch is our new go-to method for cooking salmon in the summer. Simply fire up the grill, lay out some aluminum foil, and spread the salmon with the honey mustard sauce. Pop the salmon on the barbecue (or in the oven if you are making this recipe in the winter) for about 15-18 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Serve it with your favorite summer sides and you've got your self a balanced, protein packed meal!
NOTE: we used wild salmon from Charlie's Seafood Market in Saskatoon!
- Heat the BBQ to medium high heat.
- Prepare the honey mustard sauce by combining the dijon mustard, honey, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Prepare a large sheet of aluminum foil and place the salmon in the middle of the foil.
- Spoon the honey mustard sauce on top of the salmon and spread it evenly on top of the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil around the salmon so that it is completely enclosed. If your sheet of foil is not large enough, just place a second sheet of foil on top and fold the edges so that it forms a sealed packet.
- Transfer the packet of salmon to the grill for 12-14 minutes. Then, open the aluminum foil so that the top of the fish is exposed and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
NOTE: you can cook the salmon in the oven by placing the foil packet on a baking tray and baking at 375F for 14-15 minutes. Then, turn the oven to broil and pull back the aluminum foil to expose the top of the salmon and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
In addition to being a great source of protein, salmon is loaded with anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats. You can learn more about nutrition strategies to combat inflammation in our podcast or blog article.
WE WANNA KNOW!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.