12. A Dietitian's Nutrition and Lifestyle Tips for Reducing Inflammation
In the short term, inflammation can help our bodies heal, however, long-term (ie. chronic) inflammation can lead to pain, illness, and poor health. In this podcast, the Registered Dietitians at Vitality Nutrition explore evidence-based strategies for reducing or entirely avoiding chronic inflammation using the power of diet and lifestyle! Such strategies include:
- Support your gut with fibre and fermented foods
- Eat phytonutrients and antioxidants from colorful fruits and vegetables
- Prioritize omega 3 fats and limi omega 6 fats
- Balance your blood sugars to prevent pro-inflammatory blood sugar spikes
- Add spices and herbs for additional phytonutrients
- Consider lifestyle habits like movement, high quality sleep, stress management, and reduced alcohol intake
You can read the full blog article here.
Follow us on Instagram
- Courtney: @dietitiancourtney_
- Darian: @dietitiandarian_
- Hannah: @dietitianhannah_
- Vitality Nutrition: @vitalitynutrition_
Visit our recipe blog here for balanced meals and snacks to fuel your workout.
Thanks for listening!
The Vitality Nutrition Team