Spinach, Blueberry, & Feta SaladJun 05, 2021
SPINACH, BLUEBERRY, & FETA SALAD
The Nutrition Facts are for one serving made with grilled chicken.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups of fresh spinach,
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (65g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (30g) feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons (15g) pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 (4 oz) chicken breast, grilled
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl or mason jar.
- Toss the spinach with the salad dressing and transfer to a large plate or bowl.
- Top the spinach with the red onion, blueberries, feta, and pecans.
- Then, top the salad with the grilled chicken breast.
Omit the grilled chicken and quadruple the recipe for a fresh, summer side salad to bring to your next outdoor BBQ. If you'd like a heartier salad, try adding 1/2 cup of cooked, pearled barley to the mix or serve with a slice of toasted sour dough bread!
WE WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation. Looking for more salad inspiration try our Beet Salad, Sante Fe Salad, or Kale Caesar Salad!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.