SANTE FE CHICKEN SALAD >> a copycat of Earl's popular recipe
Jul 04, 2020
This is my version of the delicious Sante Fe Chicken Salad from the popular restaurant chain, Earl's. It's vibrant, satisfying, and perfect for summer!
The salad makes a great meal prep option. With grilled chicken and the dressing pre-made, you can whip this salad together for a fast and flavourful lunch or dinner! I bulked it up with extra veggies including tomatoes, cucumber, and bell peppers.
With a balance of key food groups, you'll feel satisfied and energized for hours! Let's take a look:
- PROTEIN: grilled chicken
- FATS: avocado, feta, and peanut butter in the dressing
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: canned corn and black beans
- VOLUME: greens, tomatoes, cucumber, and bell peppers
SANTE FE CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 large (16 ounces) chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons cajun spice
PEANUT LIME DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons (30g) natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) soy sauce or tamari
- 1 lime (~30mL) juiced
- 1 tablespoon (12g) honey, melted
- zest of one lime
- salt to taste
- dash of garlic powder
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 8 dates, diced
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, rinsed
- 1 cup canned black black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) feta, crumbled
- 1 whole (100g) avocado, sliced
- cilantro, to garnish
- Place the chicken breast in a large plastic bag. Add the cajun spice and mix it around to thoroughly coat the chicken. Barbecue the chicken on medium until cooked through.
- Prepare the peanut lime dressing by combining the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and zest, melted honey, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- The ingredients listed above are for four salads. Assemble the salad with a 1/4 serving of the ingredients listed above. Top with a palm-sized serving of chicken (about 4 ounces) and toss with the dressing.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!