Jan 19, 2021
Taco Tuesday is a staple in our meal planning rotation. We find committing to a couple themed dinners (ie. Taco Tuesday and Pizza Friday in our household!) makes meal planning and grocery shopping that much easier. Since we know that we have tacos and pizzas once a week, we always have the ingredients on hand to make them!
Oftentimes we'll mix up the types of taco or pizza we make but having an idea planned out ahead of time saves a ton of mental energy planning the menu for the week. With two dinners as staples in our week, we only have three other weekday meals to plan for. Typically we try a new recipe one day, rely on a tried and true favorite another day, and "wing-it" or have a classic meal like chicken, sweet potatoes, and salad for the third.
In today's post, we're sharing our favorite Taco Tuesday creation! It comes together in less than 5 minutes thanks to quick-cooking shrimp and pre-shredded cabbage.
The Nutrition Facts are for one serving and use light mayo.
- 1/2 cup (120g) light or regular mayo
- 1/4 cup (60mL) white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (8g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) salt
- 1 bag (240g) pre-shredded coleslaw
- 1 teaspoon (5g) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 36 (16 ounces) shrimp, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Prepare the coleslaw dressing by combining the mayo, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Then mix in the pre-shredded coleslaw mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Saute each corn tortilla on each side (about 1 minute per side). You'll notice the edges slightly curl. This step prevents the corn tortillas from breaking and cracking!
- In another frying pan, heat the oil and garlic on medium heat. Then add the shrimp and sprinkle over the salt. After cooking for 2-3 minutes or when one side of the shrimp is pink, flip the shrimp to cook through on the other side. When the shrimp is fully cooked squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Assemble the tacos by layering the coleslaw mix onto the tortilla and topping each tortilla with 3 shrimp.
- Garnish with cilantro if you'd like and enjoy!
If you follow the F4 Formula we use in our group programs and 1:1 coaching, this recipe provides:
- PROTEIN: shrimp
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: corn tortillas
- FAT: light mayo or full fat mayo in the dressing
- VOLUME: coleslaw mix
- FREEBIES: vinegar & sugar in the dressing + cilantro to garnish
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation!