PUMPKIN KODIAK WAFFLES >> easy & high proteinOct 18, 2020
Kodiak Power Cake mix is a higher protein, pre-made pancake and waffle mix found at Costco. I like to keep a box in my pantry for quick waffle feast!
Typically these pancakes/waffles are "add water only" but I "fall-ified" the box recipe by adding pumpkin and cinnamon!
I love that the Kodiak mix is higher in fibre and protein. These are two nutrients I like to prioritize at breakfast as they keep you full and satisfied for longer. Plus, a higher protein meals are key to recovery for those who regularly strength training or engage in high-intensity exercise!
I often enjoy these waffles as a pre-workout or post-workout breakfast on the weekends!
- Make a batch of waffles, store them in the freezer, and pop them in the toaster for a fast breakfast or post-workout snack
- Top the waffles with almond butter, hemp hearts, or any other nut or seed for a boost of healthy fats
- Try adding some homemade chia jam or fresh fruit for some color and volume!
- Use any leftover pumpkin puree in Pumpkin Curry or Pumpkin Spice Muffins
PUMPKIN KODIAK WAFFLES
- 1/2 cup (53g) Kodiak mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the ingredients to a bowl, whisk to combine, and cook in according to your waffle iron's directions
- PROTEIN: egg and some in the Kodiak mix
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: in the Kodiak mix
- FAT: in the egg and extra from nut butter or seeds you choose as a topping
- VOLUME: from the pumpkin puree and/or any extra berries you add on top
- FREEBIES: cinnamon in the batter and/or a teaspoon of maple syrup to top
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.