Greek Frozen Yogurt BarsJul 04, 2020
Perfect for anyone who requires a grab-n-go breakfast or for those who prefer a cooler breakfast in the warmer months! These bars are a wholesome enough to energize you and tasty enough to enjoy as a light dessert.
The bars are packed with healthy fats, energizing carbs, and enough protein to keep you satiated! The bars contain a beautiful balance of the four nutrients I prioritize at most meals. Let's take a look:
- PROTEIN: from the plain Greek yogurt and protein powder
- FATS: almonds in the base and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds as garnish
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: oats and dates blended into the base
- VOLUME: from vibrant mixed berries
GREEK FROZEN YOGURT BARS
- 1 cup (150g) pitted dates
- 1 cup (120g) almonds
- 1 cup (80g) oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups (350g) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops (60g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup (140g) frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons (15g) pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor, blend the dates until a thick paste forms. Remove the dates from the food processor.
- Add the almonds to a food processor and blend into small chunks. Then add the oats and salt and blend until the oats are partially broken down.
- Add the dates back to the food processor with the almonds and oats. Blend until the mixture sticks together when precessed between your fingers. If the mixture doesn't stick, add a tablespoon of water and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet/pan pressing down to create a firm base.
- Combine the plain Greek yogurt, protein powder, and juice of a whole lemon in a large mixing bowl.
- Stew the frozen berries by adding them to a small sauce pan on medium heat until the berries have thawed and the juices are released. Alternatively, melt the berries in the microwave.
- Spread the Greek yogurt over the base covering evenly.
- Place the berries on top of the yogurt in small patches and use a knife or fork to swirl into the yogurt. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seed or other nut or seed of choice.
- Place in the freezer and let set for 1-2 hours, or until the bars are solid enough to cut into 8 squares.
- Store the bars in the freezer. When you are ready to enjoy, let a bar thaw for 5 minutes and eat up!
If you like this recipe, you might also like our Black Forest Frozen Yogurt Bars
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.