Spinach, Feta, & Egg White Wrap │ Starbucks DupeApr 13, 2021
If you frequent Starbucks, you’re probably familiar with their spinach and feta egg white wrap. The Starbucks version is a great option for those busy mornings where you want something quick (and protein-packed!) for on-the-go. However, if you have a little more time in the morning we highly suggest our homemade version that is packed with even more protein and fibre than the original!
STARBUCKS - SPINACH, FETA, AND EGG WHITE WRAP
The Nutrition Facts are for one serving made with whole wheat roti. You can add this food to your MyFitnessPal diary by clicking here.
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes*
- 1 cup spinach, raw
- 2 tablespoon (15g) feta
- 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge
- 1/2 cup (125g) egg whites
- 1 whole wheat wrap**
* I used sun-dried tomatoes not packed in oil. I find these in the produce section of Superstore. If you can't find these tomatoes, you can use any sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or water.
** I used whole wheat roti but you can load this recipe with even more protein and fibre by choosing a Flat Out Protein wrap found at Sobeys, Coop, or Walmart.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the hot frying pan along with the baby spinach. Cook the veggies until the spinach wilts and drain any excess water from the mixture! Then transfer the spinach and tomato mixture to a bowl along with the feta and Laughing Cow cheese. Use a fork to mix everything together.
- Spray the same frying pan with cooking spray and add the egg whites. Let the egg whites cook through for 3-5 minutes. You can scramble the egg whites or gentle fold the egg whites into thirds so you can wrap the tortilla around it.
- Spread the spinach mixture over your wrap and place the cooked egg whites onto the centre of the wrap. Fold both edges over and roll.
- Add the wrap back to the hot pan and toast it on both sides. I like to place the seam of the wrap down first so that the heat secures the fold!
- After you toast the wrap on each side, cut the wrap in half and serve immediately.
TIP: Because of the high water content of both spinach and egg whites, these wraps don't work well to make ahead of time. However, you can make the spinach and feta mixture ahead of time, so all you have to do is whip up the egg whites and assemble everything for a quick and tasty breakfast.
Exciting news! Our signature F4 Formula is now offered as a self-study course. If you are interested in learning about the four step formula we use to design our meals at Vitality Nutrition then click here to learn more. These wraps contain:
- PROTEIN: egg whites
- FAT: Laughing Cow cheese and feta
- VOLUME: spinach & sun-dried tomatoes
- FFC: whole grain wrap (eg. whole grain roti, Flat Out wrap, others)
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation.
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.