Blender Banana MuffinsJan 01, 2021
An ultra moist muffin that uses basic and healthy ingredients that you probably have on hand already: oats, Greek yogurt, and ripe bananas.
Made with a base of ripe bananas and oat flour, these Blender Banana Muffins are a gluten-free and perfect for an on-the-go snack or breakfast. Blender Banana Muffins come together quickly thanks to the use of a high-powered blender.
These muffins have no added sugar (other than that found in the chocolate chips if you decide to add them!). Greek yogurt replaces the oil making these muffins extra moist!
These muffins would be great paired with whey protein for a convenient post-workout snack, enjoyed with Greek yogurt for additional protein, or smeared with nut butter for extra staying power.
BLENDER BANANA MUFFINS
- 2 cups rolled oats (160g), ground *
- 1 cup (225g) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 bananas (200g), mashed
- 2 eggs (or ½ cup egg whites)
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (60g)
* choose Gluten Free oats if you require a GF diet
** for a sweeter muffin add ¼ - ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a muffin tin by spraying the cavities with cooking spray
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until the oats turn into a flour-like consistency.
- Add the Greek yogurt, banana, eggs (or egg whites), baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the blender and blend until combined.
- Remove the blender blade and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
If you follow our F4 formula these muffins count as a fibre-filled carb choice because they offer 3g of fibre per serving. You can learn more about how to use the F4 formula to look, feel, and perform your best by clicking here.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation! If you are looking for more muffin recipes try our Double Chocolate Banana Muffins or Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.