GREEK QUINOA SALAD >> easy & quick
Aug 21, 2020
This simple Greek Quinoa Salad is the prefect meal prep option during the hot summer months and makes use of simple ingredients that you can have prepped and ready to go in the fridge.
Adding a whole grain to the mix adds fibre-filled carbs for an energizing twist on classic Greek salad. You can sub the quinoa for any grain, bean, or lentil of your choice. Some tasty options include:
- Pearled Barley
- Wild Rice
- Canned Chickpeas
Any protein will work in the recipe but I love using dry curd cottage cheese as it is a protein that requires zero meal prep and is perfect during the summer when you don't feel like turning on a hot oven!
If your following the Fundamental Four Formula we use in our 4-Week Transformation program the meal is a perfect lunch breakdown with:
- Protein: dry curd cottage cheese
- Fats: feta and olives
- Volume: peppers, cucumber, tomato, onions
- Fibre-Filled Carbs: quinoa
- Freebies: lemon, salt, and pepper
GREEK QUINOA SALAD
- 1/2 cup (100g) quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup (110g) dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 ounce (30g) feta
- 1 ounce (30g) olives
- 1 cup (100g) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (100g) cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup (100g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of arugula or spinach
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Prepare and chill your grain (eg. quinoa) ahead of time or use leftovers. Making the grain ahead of time is what makes this salad such a quick meal option.
- Chop the peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes and add them to your mixing bowl alongside the cottage cheese, feta, olives, and cooked grain.
- Squeeze with lemon and sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Toss the ingredients together and enjoy!
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!