Greek Prawn (Shrimp) SkewersAug 02, 2022
Easy, delicious, and nutritious Greek shrimp (or prawn) skewers! A simple marinade locks in all the best Mediterranean flavors. Serve with an easy Greek salad and roasted potatoes for a complete meal!
This recipe uses simple ingredients like lemon and herbs that offer vibrant flavor. The grilled prawns (or shrimp) pair perfectly with a Greek salad and roasted potatoes that comes together in no time while the shrimp or prawns marinate. You can even use the leftover kebabs for a Greek-inspired pita the next day! We sourced the prawns for this recipe from Charlie's Seafood Market in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan!
- Prepare the marinade by combining the juice of one lemon with the olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Peel and devein your shrimp or prawns (if they aren't already prepared).
- Let the prawns or shrimp marinate in the lemon juice mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Skewer the prawns or shrimp with 4-5 per wooden skewer.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking tray at 500F for 2-3 minutes per side. Alternatively, you can cook the kebabs in a skillet for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with Greek salad, roasted potato, and/or warm pita.
Soak your wooden skewers in water before assembling. The moisture helps to prevent the skewers from burning in the oven or on the grill!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.