13. Are You At Risk For Iron Deficiency? The Importance of Iron in Your Diet + How To Optimize Absorption!
Iron is an essential mineral for human health, and a key component to a well-rounded dietary profile. Populations who need to pay special attention to iron intake include pregnant women, parents introducing solids to infants, athletes, individuals who donate blood, menstruating women, and those diagnosed with iron deficiency!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why iron is important - How to determine how much iron you require in your diet
- Who is at increased risk of deficiency
- The difference between heme vs. non-heme iron
- Strategies for optimizing iron absorption at your meals & snacks!
You can find the full article at: https://www.vitalitynutrition.ca/blog/iron
Follow us on Instagram
- Courtney: @dietitiancourtney_
- Darian: @dietitiandarian_
- Hannah: @dietitianhannah_
- Vitality Nutrition: @vitalitynutrition_
Visit our recipe blog here for balanced meals and snacks to fuel your workout.
Thanks for listening!
The Vitality Nutrition Team