6. Is Your Goal Body Recomposition? How to Lose Body Fat & Gain Muscle
When asking clients to describe their health, fitness, and nutrition goals, "getting toned" is a response that many Registered Dietitians are used to hearing. What people really mean when they say they'd like to 'get toned' is that they'd like to see more visible muscle definition or, in other words, experience body recomposition!
Body recomposition is the act of altering one's physique through the loss of body fat and the simultaneous development of muscle mass. Body recomposition requires a different approach to nutrition and fitness than the typical 'weight loss' mindset. Our team of Registered Dietitians at Vitality Nutrition are here to help demystify body recomposition, and lay out our top five tips to consider if body recomposition is your goal.
Our tips include:
- Strength training and progressive overload
- Eat enough protein
- Get your calorie balance right!
- Get enough sleep
- Be patient and consistent
You can read the full article here.
Follow us on Instagram
- Courtney: @dietitiancourtney_
- Darian: @dietitiandarian_
- Hannah: @dietitianhannah_
- Vitality Nutrition: @vitalitynutrition_
Visit our recipe blog here for balanced meals and snacks to fuel your workout.
Thanks for listening!
The Vitality Nutrition Team