TURKEY TACO SKILLET >> a quick recipe using pantry staples!Jul 20, 2020
This Turkey Taco Skillet takes less than 15 minutes to make and uses ingredients you might just have kickin' around the pantry! The combination of fibre and protein with the beans and ground turkey make the skillet super satisfying.
The recipes makes for an easy make-ahead meal prep and can be utilized in a number of creative, Mexican-themed meal idea. I typically enjoy a simple serving of the skillet topped with salsa, plain Greek yogurt, avocado or cheese. Try using the skillet as a filling for tacos or quesadilla, served on top of a bed of rice, stuffed into a burrito, or topped onto a bed of greens for a large salad!
TURKEY TACO SKILLET
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound (454g) ground turkey
- 19 oz can diced tomatoes
- 19 oz can black beans
- 12 oz can corn
- Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- Add the oil to a large pot to sauté the onion and spices.
- Add the bell pepper and ground turkey. Cook through.
- Add a can of diced tomatoes as well as the beans and corn.
- Cook until everything is hot and tomato juice has thickened slightly.
- Divide into 4 equal servings and enjoy with your choice of toppings or use it as a filling for quesadillas, tacos, burritos, or salad.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.