GREEK POWER BOWL >> customized to your preferences!Aug 07, 2020
What defines a power bowl? Hmm. Good question!
My definition of a power bowl is a delicious creation that combines hunger squashing, energizing ingredients to "power" you through the afternoon. That's why this Greek Power Bowl is the perfect make-ahead lunch to fuel you through a busy week!
You can customize your power bowl to your personal preferences or the ingredients you have on hand. I recommend including at least one ingredient from my four food groups to make your own version. Some ideas:
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: I used brown rice but quinoa, potato, chickpeas, or Banza pasta would be equally energizing.
- PROTEIN: I used leftover chicken kebabs but leftover baked salmon would be tasty.
- FAT: I chose a combination of hummus, tzatziki, feta, and olives but some fresh avocado would work great, too!
- VOLUME: I grilled some peppers and zucchini and chopped some fresh cherry tomatoes for a pop of color. Any veggie would work like a base of cauliflower rice, grilled egg plant, a handful of greens, or fresh cucumber.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can adjust the ingredients and portions to meet your personal nutrition needs. I prep a big batch of grilled vegetables, rice, and protein so that I can assemble my bowls for a quick and satisfying lunch throughout the week.
GREEK POWER BOWL
* Nutrition Facts are for my specific version.
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown rice, cooked
- 3 ounces (85g) chicken, grilled
- 1 zucchini (100g) , grilled
- 1/2 bell pepper (75g), grilled
- 1 cup (100g) cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3-5 olives (15g)
- 1/2 ounce (15g) feta
- 2 tablespoons (30g) hummus
- handful of arugula
- Cook your rice, prepare your protein, and grill your vegetables.
- Combine your ingredients in your desired portions.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.