GREEK POWER BOWL >> customized to your preferences!
Aug 07, 2020
What defines a power bowl? Hmm. Good question!
My definition of a power bowl is a delicious creation that combines hunger squashing, energizing ingredients to "power" you through the afternoon. That's why this Greek Power Bowl is the perfect make-ahead lunch to fuel you through a busy week!
You can customize your power bowl to your personal preferences or the ingredients you have on hand. I recommend including at least one ingredient from my four food groups to make your own version. Some ideas:
- FIBRE-FILLED CARB: I used brown rice but quinoa, potato, chickpeas, or Banza pasta would be equally energizing.
- PROTEIN: I used leftover chicken kebabs but leftover baked salmon would be tasty.
- FAT: I chose a combination of hummus, tzatziki, feta, and olives but some fresh avocado would work great, too!
- VOLUME: I grilled some peppers and zucchini and chopped some fresh cherry tomatoes for a pop of color. Any veggie would work like a base of cauliflower rice, grilled egg plant, a handful of greens, or fresh cucumber.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can adjust the ingredients and portions to meet your personal nutrition needs. I prep a big batch of grilled vegetables, rice, and protein so that I can assemble my bowls for a quick and satisfying lunch throughout the week.
GREEK POWER BOWL
* Nutrition Facts are for my specific version.
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown rice, cooked
- 3 ounces (85g) chicken, grilled
- 1 zucchini (100g) , grilled
- 1/2 bell pepper (75g), grilled
- 1 cup (100g) cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3-5 olives (15g)
- 1/2 ounce (15g) feta
- 2 tablespoons (30g) hummus
- handful of arugula
- Cook your rice, prepare your protein, and grill your vegetables.
- Combine your ingredients in your desired portions.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!