Cheese & Honey PizzaSep 24, 2020
I know, I know, you are thinking.... "whaaat?"
"She’s putting honey on her pizza? Crazy!"
But I swear this sweet & salty combination is so good! You have to try it!
The familiar cheesy melty salty taste of a thin crust white pizza, mixed with just a teeny hint of a drizzle of sweet honey. I don't use a sauce on this pizza which I've heard called "white pizza" or "pizza bianca" in Italy. Correct me in the comments of this blog post if I am wrong!
The pizza itself is surprisingly less indulgent than it sounds at 392 calories and 25g of protein for half the pizza. That's a reasonable portion, I'd say! It even meets the F4 Formula which is a method we use in our group program and 1:1 coaching plans. Let's take a look at how it fits the F4 paramters:
- CARBOHYDRATES: high-fibre multigrain pizza crust
- PROTEIN: grilled chicken
- FAT: a combination of parmesan, light mozzarella, and light ricotta
- VOLUME: an optional handful or arugula as a topper or a side salad
- FREEBIE: a touch of honey!
I love when I can inspire our clients to eat delicious foods while nourishing their body and crushing their goals. Life is too short to eat boring food!
I was actually inspired to make this pizza after having THE BEST appetizer at UNA in Saskatoon a couple weeks ago.
If you are at UNA you have to try it. It is their housemade sourdough served with ricotta and topped with honey and truffle oil! Seriously. SO GOOD.
I created a pizza version offers a balanced nutrient profile with the addition of chicken for protein, fibre from a multigrain crust, and extra veggies from arugula or a side salad!
I typically use leftover chicken breast for this recipe so it comes together in <20 minutes!
Friday night pizza parties in our household just got THAT much better.
CHEESE & HONEY PIZZA
- 1 medium multigrain thin pizza crust*
- 1/4 cup (30g) light mozzarella, grated
- 2 tablespoons (15g) parmesan reggiano, grated
- 1/3 cup (73g) light ricotta
- 4 ounces (1 small) chicken breast, cooked & diced
- 2 teaspoons (a drizzle!) honey
*I used the multigrain crust from President's Choice at Independent Grocers or Superstore but any thin pizza crust will do - extra points if you make a homemade crust!
- Bake your chicken breast until cooked through. I typically use leftover chicken breast for this recipe!
- Layer the diced chicken breast on your pizza crust and then top your pizza with shredded mozzarella, grated parmesan, and dollops of ricotta. I do six dollops to mark 6 slices of pizza!
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with a drizzle of honey and an optional handful of arugula!
- Pair this pizza with a side salad for extra volume and color.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe or a variation of it? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creation!
Ready to bring the evidence-based nutrition support of our Registered Dietitians into your kitchen?
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips, and updates from the Vitality Nutrition team straight to your inbox!
Don't worry, your information won't be shared.