WHOLE FOOD PANCAKE >> high protein, 2 ingredients!
Jul 08, 2020
This Whole Food Pancake will forever be my go-to recipe. The recipe is for a single serving and is perfect for a quick weekday breakfast. It's simple to whip together and contains ingredients you likely have in your fridge. I love that it is loaded with protein without the need for protein powders or supplements. You can make it even more wholesome and filling with your choice of toppings!
If you are following the F4 Formula, this recipe has a breakdown of:
- PROTEIN: egg whites. You could even choose vanilla Greek or Skyr yogurt as a high-protein topping!
- FIBRE-FILLED CARBS: oats
- VOLUME: fresh or frozen berries if you choose them for toppings
- FATS: this is where it gets fun! Add coconut chips, coconut yogurt, hemp hearts, nut butter, and more. The options are endless!
WHOLE FOOD PANCAKE
Nutrition Facts are for the pancake without toppings!
- 1/3 cup (30g oats)
- 1/2 cup (125g) egg whites
- pinch of salt
- Add the oats, egg whites, and salt to a small blender and blend until the oats breakdown.
- Cook in a medium sized frying pan with non-stick spray*. Let the pan get hot before you add the batter.
- You know the pancake is ready to flip when you see bubbles or the edges of the pancake pull away from the pan.
- Top with thawed berries, coconut yogurt, Greek yogurt, fresh berries, almond butter, nuts & seeds, coconut chips, or whatever your heart desires! The options are endless.
*Note: this recipe only makes one large pancake. You must use a medium frying ban to contain the batter!
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!