MEDITERRANEAN TURKEY BURGERS >> a fresh spin on a hearty burger!
Jul 20, 2020
These mouthwatering turkey burgers get their Mediterranean flair from the addition of feta cheese, red onion, sun-dried tomato, and spinach. Add a pop of color and flavour by topping them with tzatziki, hummus, spinach, sliced tomatoes, or red onion.
I love serving these flavourful burgers on-top of a whole wheat bun and a Greek-inspired side salad.
MEDITERRANEAN TURKEY BURGERS
- 1 pound (454g) extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 red onion (30g), chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) feta, crumbled
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (30g) sun-dried tomatoes, diced*
- 1 egg
- A sprinkle of dried oregano or a handful of chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
*I use sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil. You can often find them in the produce section. Rehydrate the tomatoes by soaking them in boiling water. Alternatively, you can opt for sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine with clean hands.
- Separate into 6 equal portions (about 4 ounces) and shape each portion into a burger patty.
- Grill the burgers on the BBQ or cook in a frying pan (with a spritz of non-stick cooking spray or oil). I prefer cooking the burgers in a frying pan as the mixture is a bit sticky and can make grilling a challenge!
- Serve on a whole wheat burger bun and top the burgers with your fresh toppings of choice like red onion, tomato, lettuce, hummus, or tzatziki!
You can make these burgers dairy-free by substituting the feta cheese for kalamata olives!
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!