BUFFALO CHICKEN 'SPAGHETTI' BAKE >> with filling spaghetti squash!
May 02, 2020
Buffalo Chicken 'Spaghetti' Bake is a Vitality Nutrition favorite. Especially when spaghetti squash is in season and abundant! We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
BUFFALO CHICKEN 'SPAGHETTI' BAKE
- 1 small or ½ large spaghetti squash (~800g)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ large onion (150g)
- 3 stalks celery (200g)
- 2 large carrots (200g)
- 1 bell pepper (150g)
- 1 pound lean ground chicken (ground turkey works too!)
- 1/2 to 1 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce (or try the Buffalo Wing hot sauce by Frank's)
- 2 tablespoons Plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes at 350° F until the squash is cooked through. For a faster method, place the spaghetti squash cut side down on a plate. Pierce holes in the squash, add water to the plate, and cook in the microwave for 10-12 minutes. (Note: this step can be completed in advance).
- Add oil to a large pan and sauté garlic, onions, celery, carrots, and pepper.
- Add the ground chicken and continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Scoop the spaghetti squash into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the chicken mixture. Add in the hot sauce, mayo, and Greek yogurt and stir to combine. Mix in the egg whites.
- Place the mixture in an 8 inch baking dish (or two separate baking dishes as shown in the photo – this way you can freeze one dish and reheat for an ‘emergency meal’ in the future).
- Bake at 350° F for 40 minutes or until the mixture is firm to touch.
- Add sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, blue cheese, or green onion for garnish.
Search "Vitality Nutrition Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Bake" to find the macros in MyFitnessPal
For extra fats, top the recipe with blue cheese or avocado! Or, you can lower the fats by using egg whites to replace the eggs and light mayo to replace the full fat mayo.
I WANNA KNOW!
Did you try this recipe? Comment below! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!